LEGO is going to release the new Creator Volkswagen Beetle (10252) in July. But there is already an amazing tiny version of it – MOC by Gerald Cacas – interview and images.
The LEGO Creator Volkswagen Beetle (10252) will be out there very soon, but Gerald Cacas already build the ‚VW Käfer‘. Okay, a tiny version of it.
Gerald was kind enough, to answer a few questions. His MOC is fantastic.
You have seen the new Beetle – and thought, there should be a tiny version of it, too?
And my answer is… no! They shouldnt! Just kidding… well, yes of course! I really hope they will create a smaller version as an Creator set as well.
Could you tell us a little bit about the building process?
Actually, I have an existing Red Beetle MOC already. So I thought, why not built a blue version, which is similar to the new Beetle (10252). But my medium azure bricks are limited, so I needed to redesign the whole thing from scratch.
1. The truck must be able to open and should have the spare tire
2. The headlight must be rounded and be rediciously big to make it more cute… I think
3. The hood must be accessible and at least should have an engine
4. The roof must be removable, and must have the flat brown space for the surf board and the ice box
5. Lastly is the tan interior, and almost forgot, the mud guard as well
Thank you! Great details – for such a tiny version of the new Beetle. Please check out Geralds Flickr site. Brick on!